IMPORTANT UPDATE: THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN CHANGED TO GIVE YOU UNTIL 11:59PM EST (GMT-5) ON THURSDAY, JANUARY 26TH TO FINISH.
Missed your chance to win a copy of RPG Maker VX Ace in our Let’s Make a Scene competition? Well here is your chance to try again.
This is a special contest though because not only is it a contest, its a try out! RPG Maker VX Ace needs a new promo video, for obvious reasons (seriously go back one blog post and try to watch that thing all the way through), so we are looking to you the fans to find the person to make one.
So how are we going to make this selection? With a contest.
What do you get out of it? A free copy of RPG Maker VX Ace + early release.
What are your responsibilities if you win? Create a new promo video for RPG Maker VX Ace using your new free copy.
So what’s this contest about? Trailers. Video game trailers to be exact. Here are the rules:
- Produce a ~1:30 second ad spot for your game and upload it to Youtube. Email the link to the trailer to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title line of “Hit the High (Ad) Spots Entry”.
- The trailer is to be for an RPG Maker XP or RPG Maker VX project.
- The trailer may not contain any resource that you do not have the rights to use.
- The trailer may be for a project you have made in the past, are in the process of making now, are going to make in the future, or even a project you never intend to make at all.
- The trailer can have already been made before the contest began, just make sure that it obeys all the other rules.
- All entries must be emailed by 11:59 PM January 26th EST (GMT-5).
Need some tips? I asked a friend of mine who happens to be a film student and this was his advice:
- -Show, don’t tell: A trailer is PURELY VISUAL so there’s no reason you shouldn’t be able to back-up your claims
- -Make sure it has good flow: You never want some JARRING TRAILER that is just hard to watch
- -Style: Since all RM games generally look the same you need something to differentiate your trailer from everyone elses. That’s where style comes in.
Good luck to everyone and I’m looking forward to all the entries. The winner will be determined by a panel of Judges consisting of one member put forth by each of the following fan communities: RPGMakerVX.net, RPGMakerVXAce.net, RPGMaker.net, and RPGRevolution.com.