Is everyone excited about the upcoming RPG Maker VX Ace release? Can’t wait to get it in your hands? Well this is your chance to win a spot in our English language beta, where you will receive a free copy of VX Ace before most people can even buy it.
Here are the rules:
- Make a single cutscene using either RPG Maker VX or RPG Maker XP.
- The cutscene should be between 3 and 5 minutes long.
- The cutscene should be an original scene from an original story.
- The cutscene can be at any point within a larger story.
- The cutscene should be understandable without seeing the larger story.
- The cutscene can use any special features you wish for it, just properly credit for them (graphics/scripts/etc.) You must have the rights to use any materials you put in the cutscene, be they Creative Commons, self created, etc. Copyrighted music or ripped graphics are not legal, and therefore should not be used.
- The cutscene should not have battles or other portions with player control with the exception of button presses to continue messages if you use them.
- Simulated battles with no player input are fine.
- The cutscene should be compressed as an RM game WITHOUT encryption. I want to be able to see how you did everything. I should be able to start the game, hit new game, and watch a cutscene.
- Do NOT include RTP when you compress your cutscene. Try to keep your file size as small as possible. Remove any resources not used in the cutscene.
- One submission per person.
- All Entries should be emailed to email@example.com with the title “Let’s Make a Scene Entry” before January 3rd 11:59PM EST. The file will need to be uploaded to file sharing site such as mediafire and the link sent in the email. (please for my sanity stay away from the upload sites with three billion ads and a likelihood of infecting my computer).
Judges will determine the top 8 entries, based on visual composition, writing, musical feel, and overall cohesiveness, which will be voted on by you, the fans, between January 5th and January 7th. The winner will be announced on January 8th.
The winner will receive: RPG Maker VX Ace + Early Release.
Any questions? Ask them below.