The long awaited RPG Maker MV version 1.3.0 is here! If you are using the Steam version, RPG Maker will automatically update to 1.3.0.
If you are using the standalone version, you will need to download the update HERE!
We would like to remind everyone to make sure to do the following steps before updating to ensure that when the update happens so your changes won’t be overwritten:
- Make a backup of your project(s).
- Make a backup of your Generator folder if you edited it.
- Create a new project or go to the NewData folder in your RPG Maker MV root folder. Copy the new js and index.html files (except plugins.js so it won’t overwrite your Plugin Manager Parameters) to your existing project(s)!
If done correctly, you should have this:
But now that that little warning is over, let’s talk about what is new!
Graphics library upgraded to pixi4
This update means faster rendering of WebGL tiles, fixes video memory leaks, and just generally improves MV’s canvas performance by a significant amount.
You can now Encrypt your games, both images AND audio using a simple encryption built into the Engine!
Splash Screen Plugin!
Want a splash screen before your title screen showing off your studio name, or just a bit of a thank you to someone? We’ve added a plugin just for that. By default, this is on in all new projects.
Object Selector Options in Tool=>Options
Have an exceptionally long Item list in your game? Now you can switch your Object selector to an extended style, much better suited to a list of epic proportions.
- Copy Event Editor content as either text or HTML
- New Plugin: “ConfigureRootElement.js” to setup the DOM element of a game (dlc/KadokawaPlugins)
- (optional) Additional Fantasy sample database (English: NewData_FantasyEN, Japanese: NewData_FantasyJP)
Have questions? Ask in the comments below, or in the announcement thread on our forums!