It’s October which as we all know is the best time of the year for spooky, scary video games to come out! That is why we’re happy to announce the Steam release of Mythos: The Beginning, the newest title from Dark Gaia Studios, developers of Legionwood 2: Rise of the Eternal’s Realm!
Mythos: The Beginning is a survival horror role playing game inspired by Gothic Horror monster movies of the 1930s like Frankenstein and The Corpse Vanishes. Set in London in 1934, Mythos allows you to create your own paranormal investigator from scratch and guide them through a frightening exploration of the infamous Harborough Asylum. Three young university students have vanished while attempting to conduct a scientific survey of this dreaded place, and it’s up to you to find them! Throughout the night you’ll discover that Harborough Asylum’s reputation is more than an urban legend, and you’ll have to fight for your life against demons, zombies and otherworldly Lovecraftian foes.
Mythos features include:
- Blends traditional survival horror and RPG gameplay.
- Old-school pen and paper style role playing, complete with dialogue trees.
- Create your character from scratch and then role play them!
- Use non-combat skills like Persuade and Occult Lore to discover new clues!
- A Terrifying Gothic Horror storyline that pays homage to the classics of the 1930s.
- Fully voice acted dialogue and an atmospheric soundtrack.
Make sure to turn off the lights, put on your headphones and check out the official Mythos game trailer below:
Only the most dedicated players will be able to complete the game on Purist mode and see all 4 endings! Good luck!