So obviously, mouths were going to be a big part of this design. After noodling around in my sketchbook for a few minutes I had a pretty good idea, so I grabbed a piece of bristol and went to the drawing.
I decided he looked sufficiently gross and then pulled him into the computer for some colors.
I tried to pull out some similar colors to Gluttony, but my technique on this guy was a little different so obviously it wouldn’t be exactly the same. After I was happy with the first round of flats, I went on to the second round.
With the second round of flats I started pulling out my details and figuring out the broad lighting and texture of the character. I imagine his skin being quite wet and gross.
And here is the final with a bit of overpainting on the eyes, teeth, and a few other spots.