Thanks to everyone who participated in our Free-For-All blog contest!
We received a lot of blog posts. Honestly, a lot more than I expected, and judging took longer than I thought because so many were so good! I kept finding it hard to cut down to just 5 Super Prizes.
But first, lets announce the Grand Prize Winner!
We loved this blog post because it told a story from beginning to end and really felt it addressed so many things about RPG Maker that is wonderful. Congratulations! Continue reading
Ready for your chance to win one of our Resource Packs?
Show off your ability to use our tiles to create something really special and you can win one of the following:
- Arabian Nights Resource Pack
- Modern Day Tileset + Modern Shop add-on
- OR any 1 future tileset pack with a retail value of 10 dollars or less!
Now that I’ve told you the prizes, I’m sure your curious what you have to do to win one of these. The rules are simple:
Make a single screenshot of a map, as seen in game, that you have made using the XP, VX, VX ACE RTP, or any of our resource packs. Include a title and a short description (up to 140 characters) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email title of “Snapshot in Tile”
All entries received by Midnight, September 25th GMT-4 will be placed on our Facebook page. At the end of one week. (Midnight, October 2nd GMT-4) the screenshot with the most likes is the winner!
Ah, summer! The beach, the water, the heat that demands icy cold treats … It is a time of fun and a time of celebration. With all that spare time you are spending lounging on the beach, why don’t you join in on our community contest!
Sunday, July 29that midnight EST (GMT -4).
First place: Any one item from our official store.
That’s right, folks! This is your chance to get your hands on a copy of VXAce, or perhaps that shiny new resource pack you’ve been eying.
Second place: Any one item from our official store except VXAce.
Third place: Any resource pack from our official store.
All participants will also receive a nifty little badge that you can proudly display in your signature.
1) Your entry must be a mini-game that’s thematically related to summer.
Not sure what to do? Well, there’s beach volleyball, ice-cream dash, sandcastle building, crab mini-maze or crazy surfing bonanza.
2) Your entry must be made in a legal RPG Maker engine or IGM.
3) You must provide credits for any non-RPG Maker material. No rips are allowed! Please make sure you have permission to use any external resources in your projects.
4) Your entry should be posted here.
5) Judges must have an unencrypted version of your entry. If you don’t want your unencrypted entry to be made public, please pm it to me (Lunarea) before Sunday, July 29th at midnight EST (GMT -4).
5) You may create an entry thread at any point and update it accordingly. The project version that’s in your thread at the deadline will be counted as the final entry.
The entries will be judged by the following criteria:
Fun factor – /40
Originality – /20
Playability – /20
Adherence to theme – /10
Effort – /10
Let the summer fun begin~!
Welcome again to the ending of a contest and the announcement of the winners (I’m getting an odd feeling of deja vu here…) Once again, thanks to everyone who entered. I was happy to see so many good entries.
Also, thanks to the four judges, each representing a different English language community:
But now for what people really want to know… WHO WON? Continue reading
IMPORTANT UPDATE: THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN CHANGED TO GIVE YOU UNTIL 11:59PM EST (GMT-5) ON THURSDAY, JANUARY 26TH TO FINISH.
Missed your chance to win a copy of RPG Maker VX Ace in our Let’s Make a Scene competition? Well here is your chance to try again.
This is a special contest though because not only is it a contest, its a try out! RPG Maker VX Ace needs a new promo video, for obvious reasons (seriously go back one blog post and try to watch that thing all the way through), so we are looking to you the fans to find the person to make one.
So how are we going to make this selection? With a contest.
What do you get out of it? A free copy of RPG Maker VX Ace + early release.
What are your responsibilities if you win? Create a new promo video for RPG Maker VX Ace using your new free copy.
So what’s this contest about? Trailers. Video game trailers to be exact. Here are the rules:
- Produce a ~1:30 second ad spot for your game and upload it to Youtube. Email the link to the trailer to email@example.com with the title line of “Hit the High (Ad) Spots Entry”.
- The trailer is to be for an RPG Maker XP or RPG Maker VX project.
- The trailer may not contain any resource that you do not have the rights to use.
- The trailer may be for a project you have made in the past, are in the process of making now, are going to make in the future, or even a project you never intend to make at all.
- The trailer can have already been made before the contest began, just make sure that it obeys all the other rules.
- All entries must be emailed by 11:59 PM January 26th EST (GMT-5).
Need some tips? I asked a friend of mine who happens to be a film student and this was his advice:
- -Show, don’t tell: A trailer is PURELY VISUAL so there’s no reason you shouldn’t be able to back-up your claims
- -Make sure it has good flow: You never want some JARRING TRAILER that is just hard to watch
- -Style: Since all RM games generally look the same you need something to differentiate your trailer from everyone elses. That’s where style comes in.
Good luck to everyone and I’m looking forward to all the entries. The winner will be determined by a panel of Judges consisting of one member put forth by each of the following fan communities: RPGMakerVX.net, RPGMakerVXAce.net, RPGMaker.net, and RPGRevolution.com.
It’s been a long road (okay, not really its been like 2 weeks) but we are finally ready to crown our Let’s Make a Scene Champion, as decided by you, the fans.
But lets look at the runner ups first.
Third Place: PentagonBuddy
In third place, PentagonBuddy wowed us with a cute story and a lot of custom art. I also enjoyed the very great atmospheric music.
Its a bad day to be a cop when your getting Pumpkinfaced by Pumpkinhead
Second Place: MisterA
In second place, MisterA gave us a good chuckle with his amusing 4th wall breaking humor in his story of a frog hero. I also enjoyed the film style flashback in the beginning.
I am... Vsio, Wizard of High Def Televisions... wait no, that wasn't in the script.
THE CHAMPIOIN: Hirei
Hirei delivered a scene about two young women who meet by random chance reaching out to live life without regrets. The custom art and nonstandard fantasy setting really made this one stick out, and I’m sure you didn’t fail to notice it. The choice of music really enhanced the feel of the scene.
Its dangerous to go alone, I'm taking you.
And that wraps up this great contest. Videos of the top 3 will show up on our youtube channel soon for everyone to see. Congratulations to Hirei on the win, and Penta and MisterA on their great showings in the voting. Thanks to everyone who entered and voted, this has been a lot of fun to run.
Don’t forget to take the time to say congrats to the winner!
Welcome to the Let’s Make a Scene contest!
Is everyone excited about the upcoming RPG Maker VX Ace release? Can’t wait to get it in your hands? Well this is your chance to win a spot in our English language beta, where you will receive a free copy of VX Ace before most people can even buy it.
Here are the rules:
- Make a single cutscene using either RPG Maker VX or RPG Maker XP.
- The cutscene should be between 3 and 5 minutes long.
- The cutscene should be an original scene from an original story.
- The cutscene can be at any point within a larger story.
- The cutscene should be understandable without seeing the larger story.
- The cutscene can use any special features you wish for it, just properly credit for them (graphics/scripts/etc.) You must have the rights to use any materials you put in the cutscene, be they Creative Commons, self created, etc. Copyrighted music or ripped graphics are not legal, and therefore should not be used.
- The cutscene should not have battles or other portions with player control with the exception of button presses to continue messages if you use them.
- Simulated battles with no player input are fine.
- The cutscene should be compressed as an RM game WITHOUT encryption. I want to be able to see how you did everything. I should be able to start the game, hit new game, and watch a cutscene.
- Do NOT include RTP when you compress your cutscene. Try to keep your file size as small as possible. Remove any resources not used in the cutscene.
- One submission per person.
- All Entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Let’s Make a Scene Entry” before January 3rd 11:59PM EST. The file will need to be uploaded to file sharing site such as mediafire and the link sent in the email. (please for my sanity stay away from the upload sites with three billion ads and a likelihood of infecting my computer).
Judges will determine the top 8 entries, based on visual composition, writing, musical feel, and overall cohesiveness, which will be voted on by you, the fans, between January 5th and January 7th. The winner will be announced on January 8th.
The winner will receive: RPG Maker VX Ace + Early Release.
Any questions? Ask them below.