Time for another contest! This time we are doing a cutscene contest. But not just any cutscene, we have to FEEL your cutscene. My favorite part in all of fictional media is when it makes me feel some type of emotion.
What this means, is that for our cutscene, you have to pick an emotion. Any emotion you can think of, but it has to be one word. You can pick dread or happy or anxious or fear or anger or you know, whatever emotion you want to pick. Then make your cutscene around that emotion.
Here are the rules!
- Your cutscene must be centered around an emotion that can be summed up in one word. That word needs to be included either at the beginning or end of the cutscene in some prominent way (just a black screen that says the word is fine, but if you want to get clever with it, go for it).
- Your cutscene can be no longer than 5 minutes.
- Your cutscene should remain PG-13.
Your submission needs to be in the form of a video, NOT an RPG Maker project. You will need some form of video capture program like Open Broadcast Software(this is a free program) to record your entry. Submit your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org using the topic “Emotion in Motion Entry”. Your submission can be sent in one of two ways.
- You can upload your video to Youtube.
- You can upload your video as a file on a file sharing site. If you use this option, make sure that the video file will play in VLC Media Player.
Either way, link the file/video to us in your submission email. The deadline for your submission is February 25th at 12:01am UTC.
Prizes to be announced!